Home Forums General Discussions Politics

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bobby199 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MOCGA
    Keymaster
    #384 Reply

bobby199
    Participant

OK HERE WE GO
    So the Republicans don’t even think that Donald Trump is a Republican.
    And that’s a bad thing how? We all know that we’ve been voting for Republicans for years and NONE of them have been Republicans!
    They do nothing but cour! And it’s obviously we don’t want a Democrat.
    I don’t think Tripp is really a Republican or a Democrat, and that’s a bad thing why?
    Who made up a certain set of talking points that says you have to be one or the other and you can’t have a mind of your own?
    Let’s remember white shrimp entered this race, he got so sick of watching both parties fill our country down the river that he decided nobody would do anything to bring us back to what we were accept him. He grew up here, he made his fortune here, he loves his family and he wants an America like the one he grew up in for his family and his grandchildren. The way things have been going for decades, who the heck would want another democrat or republican?
    The Republicans say that trunk will make deals, what’s wrong with that as long as he wins and brings us back to where we were decades ago? Generations ago? He sure doesn’t hide his feelings and he sure doesn’t not tell you what he’s thinking and isn’t that what you said you wanted. I’ve seen more transparency in 1 Trump speech than in the last 40 years of politics!
    Is he perfect, no. Was America ever perfect, no. Was America more like what our forefathers intended it to be some 30 or 40 years ago, yes. The Republicans don’t like Trump and that’s a good thing, they absolutely hate cruz and if that’s the case then nobody will get anything done again. Will trump win every single deal, No. Is he likely to come out on the vast majority of the deals on the winning side for us,yes.
    If you hate Trump because he’s got money then don’t even bother to read this because John F Kennedy had money and so did a whole lot of politicians. If you stopped and listened to trump you would have heard him say basically, I’ve got enough money and I have no problem turning my Company over to my family or a trust. I could be somewhere else doing something more fun but I don’t want to see America lost forever.
    If you think he’s running for president because he’s an egomaniac that needs power and fame then think again because he’s already got that. You certainly can’t be thinking is running for president for the money.
    He is the ultimate example of what and where politicians came from at the beginning of our country, they left their farms and businesses for a short time to go to Washington and serve the public and then returned back to their farms and businesses. That’s what our forefathers had intended. Not the power crazed career politicians that we have had for the last hundred years!!!!! Politicians to stick to a party and don’t dare have a free thought of their own! You want to see corruption? Look at what the government has done in terms of brainwashing the children in colleges and why they are the ones turning out in droves for Bernie Sanders! They are the ones you should be afraid of and it’s not their fault that the evil politicians on both sides have been brain washing them and their parents have been supporting them! Life is a gamble, and I will put my money on Trump.

#385 Reply

bobby199
    Participant

Ken Ramsey:
    The home stretch to the Iowa caucus is here, and the GOP establishment has its long knives out. Join the fight! Come help us support Donald Trump for President.

#386 Reply

bobby199
    Participant

riginally shared by Doug Nunya

#389 Reply

bobby199
    Participant

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally Thursday in Las Vegas.
    Isaac Brekken/AP
    The venerated conservative magazine National Review magazine took its criticism of Donald Trump to a new level this week with a collection of essays from 22 prominent conservatives thinkers berating the GOP presidential frontrunner.

But its bold cover and editorial declaring it was “Against Trump” wasn’t without consequences — on Thursday evening the publication was removed by the Republican National Committee as the conservative media partner for the Feb. 25 CNN/Telemundo/Salem Radio debate in Houston.

“Debate partners can’t have a predisposition towards or against any candidate,” RNC chief strategist and communications director Sean Spicer said in a statement.

The decision by the GOP is the latest in a delicate dance with Trump. No matter what some of their top strategists and supporters think about the party’s would-be standard-bearer — and despite some of the real estate billionaire’s more inflammatory statements, such as calling for a ban on Muslims coming into the U.S. — they’ve still had to treat him with kid gloves.

And despite signing a loyalty pledge, there remains a fear that Trump would run as a third party candidate if he’s not treated fairly, something that would virtually ensure a Democratic win.

The RNC’s decision didn’t come as a surprise to National Review publisher Jack Fowler, writing on their site that it was a “Small price to pay for speaking the truth about The Donald.”

The magazine didn’t mince words in its criticism of Trump. In an editorial, staff wrote that “Trump is a philosophically unmoored political opportunist who would trash the broad conservative ideological consensus within the GOP in favor of a free-floating populism with strong-man overtones.”

Other top conservative commentators also issued broadsides against the Republican, whose commanding lead since last summer has continued to baffle the party’s top influencers.

“Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign,” Cato Institute president David Boaz wrote.

“If Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination, there will once again be no opposition to an ever-expanding government. This is a crisis for conservatism,” argued former Fox News host and The Blaze founder Glenn Beck, who endorsed Trump’s chief rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, this week.

“To the degree we take him at his word — understanding that Trump is a negotiator whose positions are often purposefully deceptive — what he advocates is a rejection of our Madisonian inheritance and an embrace of Barack Obama’s authoritarianism,” Federalist publisher Ben Domenech said.

“Conservatives have a serious decision. Do we truly believe in our long-held principles and insist that politicians have records demonstrating fealty to them? Or are we willing to throw these principles away because an entertainer who has been a liberal Democrat for decades simply says some of the right things?” wrote Townhall editor Katie Pavlich.

Trump hit back at the criticism of the magazine in his usual manner — a broadside of (grammatically incorrect) tweets, saying the publication’s influence has waned.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Politics
Your information: